• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

goliath bird eater......feeding

tom landock

3 Year Member
ok, she was hungry..........was doin crickets & water crickets too.....
juicy, but got a 2 inch mouse at pet store......held by tail & she
leaped up & got it..............sweet....

tom landock

3 Year Member

Attachments

• DSC05546.JPG
    DSC05546.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 61
  • DSC05548.JPG
    DSC05548.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 59

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You don't need to feed them rodents unless literally nothing else is available. Adult rodents can sometimes beat a tarantula. Pinkies make more sense if you're going to do that.

If your tarantula needs larger food items, try earthworms or hornworms or hissing roaches.

tom landock

3 Year Member
You don't need to feed them rodents unless literally nothing else is available. Adult rodents can sometimes beat a tarantula. Pinkies make more sense if you're going to do that.

If your tarantula needs larger food items, try earthworms or hornworms or hissing roaches.
i buy not adult , but a hairy pinkie....aka > small mouse. gave her another yesterday. that thing will squirm for an hour before toxins kick in & kill it...!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The cleanup from those is nasty or so I've heard. Pinkies still have some calcium. I'm not sure that the link between bad molts and calcium is 100% confirmed, but why take the chance?

These guys will eat practically anything from hissers to earthworms to crickets, even locusts. A lot of these feeders are much more affordable then pinkies as well.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Latest posts