• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gift Ideas for Tarantula Breeder?

ksed09

My brother recently started breeding Tarantulas, although he’s owned all kinds of reptiles and arachnids for years (he has an entire room dedicated to them). What would be an awesome idea for Christmas presents for him? What’s something a new breeder/experienced hobbyist would LOVE but maybe not buy themselves unless they have a bunch of money? I appreciate any ideas! Even the everyday need kind of things. I want to get a few different things! Thanks!

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I am always misplacing my tongs/forceps that I use to drop food into the enclosure and to pick up unwanted debris and water cups for rinsing out. They make some light weight ones that make it easier to grip prey without crushing them.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How about a non-contact, infrared thermometer?
I use it for monitoring the temperature in and around the inside of my incubators

augiemolly

My brother recently started breeding Tarantulas, although he’s owned all kinds of reptiles and arachnids for years (he has an entire room dedicated to them). What would be an awesome idea for Christmas presents for him? What’s something a new breeder/experienced hobbyist would LOVE but maybe not buy themselves unless they have a bunch of money? I appreciate any ideas! Even the everyday need kind of things. I want to get a few different things! Thanks!
I would suggest a really nice bong w/ water filtration. I bet that your brother would really appreciate it ! It sounds like he has everything else covered. :)

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I think microscope would be a great idea, if he does not have one. It could be used for sexing Tarantulas among other things.

Latest posts