• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ghost Mantis

E

ExMember

Awesome @Tarantulabas1993 ! I wish we could buy mantis in my country. We can only keep green asian mantis and they only sell ooths. So if I got an ooth it would be hatching 40-400! That's a lot of mouths to feed!

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Wouldn't be too bad while they were on fruit flies but that a lot of crickets!
I had some and they were so little they did shy away from Hydei. Those actual were too “big”. Small melanogaster did the trick. :)

E

ExMember

I had some and they were so little they did shy away from Hydei. Those actual were too “big”. Small melanogaster did the trick. :)
How many melanogaster do you feed? I'm wanting to get some mantids but 400 seems a bit much. Guess I'd keep 10 and let the rest loose in my yard (strangely legal as the only place to buy mantis is gardening stores). Wouldn't expect many to survive though. We have lots of insectivores here.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
In the beginning I was happy when they ate one. Then after a while they eat 2or 3 at a time. You can keep fruit flies alive on a piece of banana for a long time...