• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting a couple slings

nedaK

I might get a couple slings from Jamie’s Tarantulas because I just got a couple sling enclosures. I’m thinking I’ll get a 1/3” B. Albiceps and a 1/3” B. Boehmei. Each of them priced at $39.99. I’ll update you with pictures when I get them, but there’s a chance these might not be what I get. I don’t really want something that will grow super fast, but feel free to suggest other species. So you don’t say something I already have, here is all the species I currently own: Nhandu chromatus x2, Avicularia avicularia, Grammostola porteri, Brachypelma hamorii, Ephebopus murinus, and that is it.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I might get a couple slings from Jamie’s Tarantulas because I just got a couple sling enclosures. I’m thinking I’ll get a 1/3” B. Albiceps and a 1/3” B. Boehmei. Each of them priced at $39.99. I’ll update you with pictures when I get them, but there’s a chance these might not be what I get. I don’t really want something that will grow super fast, but feel free to suggest other species. So you don’t say something I already have, here is all the species I currently own: Nhandu chromatus x2, Avicularia avicularia, Grammostola porteri, Brachypelma hamorii, Ephebopus murinus, and that is it.
What about a B.Vagans or B.Verdezi -both beautiful and good feeders:) or a beautiful Dwarf species such as C.Elegans?

nedaK

What about a B.Vagans or B.Verdezi -both beautiful and good feeders:) or a beautiful Dwarf species such as C.Elegans?
They have C. Leetzi which I was looking into. I also saw a B. Vagans. I’ve wanted vagans for a while but decided I liked Albiceps better lol. My brother wants Verdezi and I don’t want to make him mad by getting one, we kind of have a competition thing going on. Whoever says they want it first gets it is usually what we do.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They have C. Leetzi which I was looking into. I also saw a B. Vagans. I’ve wanted vagans for a while but decided I liked Albiceps better lol. My brother wants Verdezi and I don’t want to make him mad by getting one, we kind of have a competition thing going on. Whoever says they want it first gets it is usually what we do.
The Albiceps is a lovely T-as is the C.Leetzi-i have both of these and can highly recommend them both :)
good to hear you got a bit of healthy competition going on with your brother!:D

nedaK

The Albiceps is a lovely T-as is the C.Leetzi-i have both of these and can highly recommend them both :)
I think if I get the C. Leetzi it will be the B. Boehmei that will get replaced. I might look on different sites to see if they have other Cyriocosmus sp. Perhaps C. Elegans. Gotta love your heart butts :D

nedaK

The Leetzi is 1/4” and is priced at $45.00. Would you say that is reasonable? I don’t want to spend too much money on them because I might have to pay my parents back for letting me buy them.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The Leetzi is 1/4” and is priced at $45.00. Would you say that is reasonable? I don’t want to spend too much money on them because I might have to pay my parents back for letting me buy them.
I wouldn't know tbh on the price in the US-sorry I cant be more help with that:( some American members would be better to advise than me I think:)

nedaK

The slings I’ve been looking into are B. albiceps, B. sabulosum, B. boehmei, B. emilia, C. leetzi (size may be a problem though), H. villosella, and N. carapoensis. Thing is, I can only get two.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The slings I’ve been looking into are B. albiceps, B. sabulosum, B. boehmei, B. emilia, C. leetzi (size may be a problem though), H. villosella, and N. carapoensis. Thing is, I can only get two.
All good choices:) will be a very hard decision to decide what two to choose!

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I recommend B. emilia, they are a must in any collection. As for another B. albiceps are probably the most uncommon.

By the way, where did you get those vials in your earlier post?

nedaK

I recommend B. emilia, they are a must in any collection. As for another B. albiceps are probably the most uncommon.

They are coin containers I found in a comic book store, my dad is starting a comic book collection.

nedaK

Ok, things have changed. Jamie’s has added E. campestratus slings, which I think I’m going to get one. I’m still getting a B. emilia as well though. The H. villosella are out of stock, at least the ones that were the right size for my containers.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok, things have changed. Jamie’s has added E. campestratus slings, which I think I’m going to get one. I’m still getting a B. emilia as well though. The H. villosella are out of stock, at least the ones that were the right size for my containers.
Lucky you-get a E.Campestratus if you can:D here in the uk they are extremely hard to get hold of and are No1 on my most wanted list:)i will be jealous:p
B.Emelia's are gorgeous Ts too-Excellent choices

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

They look very similar to some I brought off ebay 2 weeks ago.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173835954521

s-l1600.jpg

Latest posts