• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GBB Juvi (Greenbottle blue tarantula) Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens sexing?

Hi.
This is unsexed, but the abdomen looks a bit on the large side for a male, but his abdomen was rather small when s/he arrived.
After a good feed (gave s/he as much as she would eat) I was surprised, this spider, ate, on the first day this was received!! Hoping this is a female.
I wouldn't feed a new animal, but i wondered if he was male, as i seen some males with small abdomens, but the abdomen had filled out a bit since feeding a couple of days ago.
Ate 4-6 med crickets! This sling is about 7cm DLS.
Some T's from what i know apparently a curve means female, males have almost straight opening between the book lungs?
I know, to be sure, i would, have to wait, for a slough. but only had this one a few days. And really. think this one is the best in y collection, the feeding response is super fast! Can not wait for this one to grow. watching this T take down food.. I was warned against this, due to bolty nature, but re-homing was a breeze.. yes I know, it can vary.
Anyway.. enough f my tipsy ramblings. Managed to get some nice photo's of this T baby!
The camera just do not this animal justice, those blue metallic legs, are so bright!
Anyway.. back to sexing. Any clue, on a guesstimated educated geuss, I am thinking male, but abdomen.. poss female, but I have only had T's a few weeks, so, what do i know? *shrugs shoulders*I have a nifty tiny sexing microscope, but no soughs yet.
Thanks.

Attachments

• sexing.JPG
    sexing.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 646
  • sexngedit.JPG
    sexngedit.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 622
  • sideedit.JPG
    sideedit.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 609
  • sxing.JPG
    sxing.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 628

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi, O, Yeah, I was suspecting this. How old are they, when you can ventral sex?
As I am thinking on getting a extra sling, try and get a female.

GBB are easy to sex. Males have a "belly button" between their book lungs and females don't. :) Probably about an inch or more and they can be sexed ventrally.

ta122

Hi.
This is unsexed, but the abdomen looks a bit on the large side for a male, but his abdomen was rather small when s/he arrived.
After a good feed (gave s/he as much as she would eat) I was surprised, this spider, ate, on the first day this was received!! Hoping this is a female.
I wouldn't feed a new animal, but i wondered if he was male, as i seen some males with small abdomens, but the abdomen had filled out a bit since feeding a couple of days ago.
Ate 4-6 med crickets! This sling is about 7cm DLS.
Some T's from what i know apparently a curve means female, males have almost straight opening between the book lungs?
I know, to be sure, i would, have to wait, for a slough. but only had this one a few days. And really. think this one is the best in y collection, the feeding response is super fast! Can not wait for this one to grow. watching this T take down food.. I was warned against this, due to bolty nature, but re-homing was a breeze.. yes I know, it can vary.
Anyway.. enough f my tipsy ramblings. Managed to get some nice photo's of this T baby!
The camera just do not this animal justice, those blue metallic legs, are so bright!
Anyway.. back to sexing. Any clue, on a guesstimated educated geuss, I am thinking male, but abdomen.. poss female, but I have only had T's a few weeks, so, what do i know? *shrugs shoulders*I have a nifty tiny sexing microscope, but no soughs yet.
Thanks.
Male