• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GarField says Hi

GarField000

3 Year Member
Hello. I'm Marc from the Netherlands.
All my live I have been fascinated with reptiles ..... Snakes en Spiders the most.
In my young days there was no internet and you didn't know off any reptile shows ...
So my 'pets' where the spiders in the woodshed. I captured flies and tried to feed the spiders.

Many years ago I started to keep snakes. When I went to different reptileshows I saw great Tarantula's.
But my girlfriend is alergic to beevenom, so I never took one home.
Until one time my girlfriend saw me looking to tarantula's AGAIN she bought one for me.
Brachypelma auratum (sorry I never learned common names ... if in a dutch forum you don't use the scientific names you get kicked :D).
I enjoyed him for a few years, but as he molted into a male that was a quick end.

To make a long story short .... I have many more now :D.
I still have my snakes and breed with them (cornsnakes, hognose, boa, gartersakes).
I have 49 now .. but most are just slings. I have a few females ....
Acanthoscurria geniculata (juvi)
Brachypelma emilia (almost adult)
Neoholothele incei "gold" (amazing dwarfspecies)
Nhandu tripepii (juvi)
Theraphosa blondi (very young female)

From slings I have 1,2 or 3 off one species in the hopes I get a female.

Here are a few pictures off some
N.tripepii
Ntripepii.jpg

N.incei "gold"
Nincei.jpg

B.emilia
Bemilia.jpg

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum - great introduction :D many of us here keep snakes to.. Scientific names are always preferred over common names to save confusion but you have a nice collection of Ts there I look forward to seeing your posts on here :)

GarField000

3 Year Member
Thx ilovebrachy's ....
Nice ... I love Bracypelma's to :).
I have 9 different ones ...

0.0.2 Brachypelma albiceps
0.0.1 Brachypelma albopilosum "nicaragua"
0.0.1 Brachypelma auratum
0.0.1 Brachypelma boehmei
0.1.0 Brachypelma emilia
0.0.1 Brachypelma hamorii
0.0.1 Brachypelma kahlenbergi
0.0.1 Brachypelma klaasi
0.0.2 Brachypelma vagans

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thx ilovebrachy's ....
Nice ... I love Bracypelma's to :).
I have 9 different ones ...

0.0.2 Brachypelma albiceps
0.0.1 Brachypelma albopilosum "nicaragua"
0.0.1 Brachypelma auratum
0.0.1 Brachypelma boehmei
0.1.0 Brachypelma emilia
0.0.1 Brachypelma hamorii
0.0.1 Brachypelma kahlenbergi
0.0.1 Brachypelma klaasi
0.0.2 Brachypelma vagans
Great brachy collection you've got there :) I have to say my favourites are the Hamorii and Emelia.. But there all lovely Ts

GarField000

3 Year Member
I have a special relation with my B.boehmei.
I got it when she was just a littly white spot ......
But when I removed the lid to feed her butt was high up in the air :D.
She didn't eat live food so I fed her headcrushed ones and she never skipped a meal.
Now she's molted 2 times and in her new enclosure she dug a tunnel but always sits up top until I open it for feeding. But when I feed it she attacks it like her live depends on it (what offcourse is true).
I realy love this little one ...... But to be honest ... I like them all. I don't get Ts I don't like or where i'm scared off .....

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Great to have you here on the forum and I second what everyone else says - you have a good collection there :)

GarField000

3 Year Member
Those are some fantastic tarantulas and some of my favorites. I hope you’re still with the same girlfriend because any woman willing to buy a tarantula is a keeper!
Yes she still is :D
And she still buys, or let me buy tarantula's she likes and put them in my home :D.
On sunday when it's feeding time she always wanna watch, and also with rehousing or anything.
She doesn't like it when I do things without her :D ....
And to think she is still afraid ... but it's getting better and better ..... well afraid is a strong word ... she will not handle them, she will not get close to an OW. She will not open anything without me. But she loves to watch everything related ......

But we still don't live together .... she is only with me in the weekends.
If would live together we need a bigger house for all the animals (she also has many snakes, gekko's and stuff).

Latest posts