• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. Rosea feeding....

N8tive556

3 Year Member
Hi everyone! Thought up some questions today and posting them tonight, so here goes. Ah my little G. Rosea sling... What an amazing appetite! However my fear is, though knowing while young they eat more frequently, how much is too much?! I did not feed it this week due to the fact it looks like it could POP at any moment! I'm really amazed it can still walk! Also it is about 2 weeks over due for a molt. But still up to last feeding still eating like a champ. Looking for general advice please and thank you

Thanks again,
Nate

N8tive556

3 Year Member
You can't really overfeed a sling IMO. I like to feed mine more frequently when they're small to get them past that vulnerable stage.
Okay Chubbs... Idk how this works out but when I originally posted this, the sling was eating up a storm! Now? Nothing, hasn't shown interest in a single thing... Now I know G. Rosea are known for fasting... Could they really fast this young though?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Okay Chubbs... Idk how this works out but when I originally posted this, the sling was eating up a storm! Now? Nothing, hasn't shown interest in a single thing... Now I know G. Rosea are known for fasting... Could they really fast this young though?
She's probably fixing to molt. I'd be willing to bet money on it. Slings do refuse food sometimes, if they aren't hungry, but if she's due a molt and not eating, expect a molt very soon. And never worry about overfeeding a spider. It's not possible. They'll just refuse when they look obese. But be careful about leaving the prey in with them, especially crickets, after a refusal. They WILL kill or maim a molting T, especially a sling..

Latest posts