• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. Pulchripes Enclosures

Phototoxin

So I'm hoping to get some juvenile/sub adult g.pulchripes (aka chaco golden knee) that are approx 3cm body length.

I have yet to place in water dishes which will be milk-cartol lids. Everything has been cleaned/sterilised.

I have made holes all around with one side being approx. 1cm lower on one side to encourage cross ventilation.

There is about 2.5-3cm of substrate in each. The substrate is coco fibre mixed with some crushed turf/pete.

Half a terracotta pot for 2 hides and some bark hot glued to make a 3rd and they have been slightly pre-dug a little.

Finally there is a rock and piece of bark to provide texture/enrichment.

I hope these will be ok, any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• PSX_20210226_005434.jpg
    PSX_20210226_005434.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 24
  • PSX_20210226_005252.jpg
    PSX_20210226_005252.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 26
  • received_108864221147783.jpeg
    received_108864221147783.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 24

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Your enclosure looks fine although from the pics I struggle to see any Cork bark in there although you mentioned it above? :)
Would be good if you could add some plastic plant in there as it can provide additional hiding places for your T
But also you are getting grammostola pulchripes so it's important to have plenty of stuff in there for them to trash,
Believe me they will throw stuff and substrate everywhere, Bury the water dishes ect and spend half there time climbing around trying to get out for a wander
Just grammostola pulchripes doing grammostola pulchripes things :)
Enjoy your new additions when you get them, they are a perfect starter T I always recommend them :)

Phototoxin

The bark pieces are flush against the walls to prove the texture as I wanted to leave enough floor space to enable excavating.

I will look for plastic plants as I do think it would add to it. :)

Latest posts