• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. Pulchra onslaught

Mr. P

3 Year Member
Hmmmmm.....

Who, what, where and for how much?

Just curious. :)

Well Casey K., Dreadz and Todd Gearhart all have them here in the forums for sale. Backwater, questionable from what I have read has them and Swift had some 3"+ just last week. There was another but I can't remember who it was and the the going rate is $65-$95 except for the larger at Swift.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Palp Friction has them for $60 + $40 shipping.

Yeah, only problem is they are “reserve” orders. I assume that means they don’t have them yet.

I actually have an order in house with them that is shipping next week. If they were actually in stock I’d probably add one to my order, but no such luck.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think I only saw them offered a couple times in 2017 (not ranting but they always seem to make an appearance when I already bought new adds, but not this time, I took advantage of the good deals)

TheVez2

3 Year Member
but I think there’s more to the story than just that.
I agree. It is weird, especially when you realize that the ones being offered are 3/4"-1" in size. It takes a couple/few years for them to get that size. So someone out there had some sacs and has been holding onto them and raising them all this time.

Mr. P

3 Year Member
I found three more breeders selling them including fearnottarantulas, they are coming out of the woodwork now.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I found three more breeders selling them including fearnottarantulas, they are coming out of the woodwork now.

I have to imagine that supply is now higher than demand (maybe). Once some of these dealers sit on some of the inventory for a while I’ll be interested to see if the price comes down.

Either way, its good to see another “rare” species in the hobby become not-so-rare.

yeahhtrue

3 Year Member
I think I read somewhere that they are difficult to breed. I know I was searching last year and couldn't find any when I was looking to buy. Just ordered one from Casey K on here :)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think I read somewhere that they are difficult to breed. I know I was searching last year and couldn't find any when I was looking to buy. Just ordered one from Casey K on here :)
I don't know much about breeding this species so I can't provide information on that. Also, you picked a great seller to buy from (you owe it to yourself to buy more as her deals are too good to pass up)(your wallet is probably telling you to buy five more)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Interesting thread this is. . For all of you wondering about Pulchra production, females need to go through 6 month cooling period and environmental simulation must be on point. This species is VERY difficult to produce and I only know of one person that has mastered it and he's not contributing to any info, lol. I wouldn't consider them a "rare" species.

Latest posts