• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Freshly Shed Bam Bam

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
20180707_145707.jpg
20180707_145721.jpg
20180707_145738.jpg
20180707_145755.jpg

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I love the copperheads.

Is it common to keep venomous snakes over there? Does it require a whole host of special permits as it does here?

I've been to the hot room at Hamm with a vet friend of mine. He's into the vipers. He's got a whole room full of them.

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love the copperheads.

Is it common to keep venomous snakes over there? Does it require a whole host of special permits as it does here?

I've been to the hot room at Hamm with a vet friend of mine. He's into the vipers. He's got a whole room full of them.
Not really that common as the Venomous market in the UK counts for about 11%.
Yes over here we require a DWA which is a Dangerous Wild Animal Licence we also have to have Public Liability Insurance.
I`m just starting to rebuild my Hot collection again.:D

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Not really that common as the Venomous market in the UK counts for about 11%.
Yes over here we require a DWA which is a Dangerous Wild Animal Licence we also have to have Public Liability Insurance.
I`m just starting to rebuild my Hot collection again.:D
Over here I'd be surprised if the venomous snakes were more than 1% of the market. Very few people can get the necessary permits.

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well if ever one were to escape, they'd know whose door to knock on, wouldn't they? :D
Believe it or not there are many properties , too many in the UK that have these Reptiles illegally , there was one place around a mile away from me that was raided by police , when they got in there was a 5ft Caiman on the loose just walking about in the house. There were many Venomous snakes as well, Cobras , Rattlers, many of the snakes had to be put to sleep due to their poor condition and there were also many other dead non venomous snakes and lizards.