• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Freaking out!

Calico

3 Year Member
I fed my little GBB a cricket two days ago and I thought he ate it but last night when I went to give water, I saw it in there. It must have had a really good hiding spot. And as with GBB's, his enclosure is one big web, and I couldn't reach it without destroying the webbing. Well, this morning I looked in there and he has flipped on his back. Now I'm nervous because the cricket is still in there. He is pretty deep in the webbing and I don't think the cricket can get to him, but I'm still freaking out. Fingers crossed everything goes well and by tonight I'll have a bigger, prettier (and hopefully able to sex) GBB.
IMG_1498.jpg

Calico

3 Year Member
The tarantula has probably webbed itself off enough so the cricket can’t get to it. Good luck!

All is well! Came home to a nicely molted T. Still in the webbing so can't see it too much. But that cricket is still worrying me. I don't see it and I don't think the T will try to eat until it's fangs harden. I just keep watching and waiting. I sure hope it pushes this molt out. I really want to know what "it" is!

Latest posts