• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Found GBB on back thinking it was going to molt, then it flipped back over?

Adrinium

I saw my GBB sling on it's back and thought oh cool it's molting but then whe ni got up to leave it flipped right back over and is acting like nothing happened? Why did it do this? I didn't touch it or move it or anything.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I saw my GBB sling on it's back and thought oh cool it's molting but then whe ni got up to leave it flipped right back over and is acting like nothing happened? Why did it do this? I didn't touch it or move it or anything.

Does it look like there is webbing (a molt mat) where it was laying? It could have fallen, perhaps and landed that way.

Adrinium

Pictures?

Of the enclosure, and the spider would help
I gotcha
20200711_174946.jpg

20200711_174952.jpg

It's what fearnot included and I was like hmmm it's kinda big but I'm sure itll be fine but now I'm like idk!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I will agree the enclosure is a little big, and could use several more anchor points for webbing.

Our GBB rarely went to the ground as a sling and constructed webbing towards the top of the enclosure. If also spend most of its time up there, even in full view. I think GBBs tend to do better in taller closures as slings and juveniles.

Adrinium

I will agree the enclosure is a little big, and could use several more anchor points for webbing.

Our GBB rarely went to the ground as a sling and constructed webbing towards the top of the enclosure. If also spend most of its time up there, even in full view. I think GBBs tend to do better in taller closures as slings and juveniles.
should I put it in like a taller deli cup style enclosure?

Latest posts