• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US For Sale/Trade/Loan MM Phormingochilus sp Akcaya

l4nsky

3 Year Member
Hola,

I believe one of my Phormingochilus sp Akcaya has matured as a male on 1/24. I can’t say with 100% certainty as I have yet to get a good enough look at his palps and I haven’t seen any evidence of a sperm web. Having said that, he has undergone a full color change and what limited information I can find on them indicates this only happens upon maturity with this species. He’s about 4.5” currently. Referencing what scant literature I can find for these; the males are extremely fragile and short lived (on the order of weeks). I want to give this guy a chance as soon as possible. I’m open to all options from outright purchase and trades to a standard 50/50 breeding arrangement. I know this is a long shot as adult females are a rarity in the US hobby. If you have a mature female in your collection, shoot me a PM as we need to talk and discuss our options.

Thanks,
--Matt

Overnight shipping via FedEx to a Shipping Center only. LAG if DOA is reported within 4 hours of receiving the specimen. I may request pictures or the carcass shipped back at my expense. In the event of a DOA, I will refund the cost minus shipping. We will discuss any other conditions via PM.

l4nsky

3 Year Member
Just as an update, surprisingly this male is still alive, but he's in rough shape. I don't believe he will survive shipping at this point, so I'm going to let him pass on in my collection.