• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First time ordering online/first time unboxing

freerangeTs

3 Year Member
B albopilosum rehousing was, well, hard to say uneventful as Albo was ridiculously active but no problems there.

B vagans was suuuuuuper shy and wouldn't leave the tissue for a while so I just left the tissue in the enclosure for a while and slowly coaxed her off the bit with a makeup brush after a half hour break for her.

But dammit centruroides gracilis was, not only running around like crazy in the vile, but also refusing to leave the lid area. Whenever able to get it away from the lid by a light tapping with my nail, as soon as I'd open the lid, Penn (For penny, for "cent" would charge the lid.

Attachments

• IMG_20180128_223603_222.jpg
    IMG_20180128_223603_222.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 22

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congrats on the new arrivals and safely rehousing them :). I usually find that the ones I expect to be easy are the ones determined to prove me wrong.

freerangeTs

3 Year Member
Congrats on the new arrivals and safely rehousing them :). I usually find that the ones I expect to be easy are the ones determined to prove me wrong.
Lol yep! I have a g porteri the previous owners were actually scared of, despite being perfectly fine with handling the other g porteri they had. Every time I'm doing maintenance, without fail, she comes to attack lol. Rehousing her is going to be fun.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

freerangeTs

3 Year Member
Ha thanks! I'm so excited to grow my collection. I definitely enjoy getting to see what they don't like and don't like, planning for the next ha.