• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First goofy tarantula

Exotic_Lover

3 Year Member
New to keep tarantula here. Hope anyone can guide me and comment..
IMG_20200129_180807_613.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Helo and welcome. :). Just be warned Poecilotheria can be very fast although my metallica is probably my calmest tarantula. Any questions please ask.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here some other pic of her

Possible she 7mth old?

View attachment 43185
I don't have one of those yet (another tarantula keeping goal for the year), but I'd imagine it's older than that. Age is not easy to determine unless you produced them yourself or got the information from the one that did. Growth rate is different for individuals. I have four T. albopilosum and two of the four are sac mates, therefore being the same age, but one juvie is significantly larger than its sac mate.

Exotic_Lover

3 Year Member
I don't have one of those yet (another tarantula keeping goal for the year), but I'd imagine it's older than that. Age is not easy to determine unless you produced them yourself or got the information from the one that did. Growth rate is different for individuals. I have four T. albopilosum and two of the four are sac mates, therefore being the same age, but one juvie is significantly larger than its sac mate.

Noted.. Cos I bought from the seller, there is a tag on the enclosure which states the name of the specie and the date which 28.06.19