• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First attempt at making enclosure

darttak

Hello there, Forum. So here it is. After all the tips about Cambridgei I went on a journey to find those plastic banks. Turns out they are not that ez to find. Being a lazy person I just grabbed food container, branch and boom. Done. Boiled the branch in vinegar and baked till it's crisp. Will add some funny named moss later on before moving T in. Any tips or comment on how it ended up? Will buy some acrilic hinges later. For now duck tape

Attachments

• P90528-104828.jpg
    P90528-104828.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20190528_105005_564.jpg
    IMG_20190528_105005_564.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 83

Tnoob

Hello there, Forum. So here it is. After all the tips about Cambridgei I went on a journey to find those plastic banks. Turns out they are not that ez to find. Being a lazy person I just grabbed food container, branch and boom. Done. Boiled the branch in vinegar and baked till it's crisp. Will add some funny named moss later on before moving T in. Any tips or comment on how it ended up? Will buy some acrilic hinges later. For now duck tape
Nice job. I'm just using 32oz deli cups.
20190529_051341.jpg

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
read a lot of stuff from here and there. Some were saying to remove all the bark and bleach it. Thought that it might be an overkill
Boiling it for a few minutes would kill every living thing on it, and clean it somewhat too, but I don't think that is necessary. It will be quickly "reinfected" by all the same critters you just killed off because they are present in your environment and because the environment you've created to be hospitable for you tarantula, is also hospitable for those organisms.

darttak

So yeah, ventilation. Turns out you need more holes. Just when he started to cover stuff in web I found mold. And a lot. Had to remake everything, more holes, slightly more imagination.

Attachments

• P90604-133036.jpg
    P90604-133036.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 20