• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First Arboreal Build - Psalmopoeus irminia

AdamG

This is my first attempt at an arbroeal build for my new Psalmopoeus Irminia.

Absolutely stunning tarantula, really pleased I invested. I know I won't see her much but I'm fine with it. It'll be worth it when she pops out to say hello.

20210304_104150.jpg

View attachment DSC_0148.jpg
DSC_0153.jpg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Looks nice. Make sure there's a water dish that's easy to swap out/clean & replace.

As long as you have a cork bark flat leaned against one side your irminia will make a dirt curtain hide behind it; and possibly burrow.

Of all the P irminia I keep, only the females have burrowed as juveniles and adults. They are fun to rehouse.

AdamG

View attachment 54418
Looks nice. Make sure there's a water dish that's easy to swap out/clean & replace.

As long as you have a cork bark flat leaned against one side your irminia will make a dirt curtain hide behind it; and possibly burrow.

Of all the P irminia I keep, only the females have burrowed as juveniles and adults. They are fun to rehouse.
I've got the glued water dish which lessens my options a bit but hopefully I'll be ok. Thanks for the input!

Trusnowryder2000

3 Year Member
It looks really nice man great job! And what a beautiful T you have. She is gorgeous. I have a sling that is already looking good but cant wait till she matures.

AdamG

It looks really nice man great job! And what a beautiful T you have. She is gorgeous. I have a sling that is already lokking good but cant wait till she matures.
Thank you! She's been pretty reclusive in her cork bark tube as expected but I catch her legs hanging out the top occasionally.

I hear they are fast growers so you won't have to wait too long.

Got a P.metallica build to do shortly so will probably go with a similar look.

Latest posts