• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Female? Curly.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
20200310_203752.jpg

I'm told this curly is a female. I've read through a few things on ventral sexing but I dont really understand it. Can anyone help me out?
20200310_203752.jpg

I'm told this curly is female. Im having a hard time understanding ventral sexing. Can anyone help me out? What am I looking for here

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Certainly looks 100% female to me! :)

Although males do have a thin white line above the furrow (the area you have circled), females have a much larger one, just like in your pictures.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Certainly looks 100% female to me! :)

Although males do have a thin white line above the furrow (the area you have circled), females have a much larger one, just like in your pictures.
Thank you, I've been researching how to sec them. Just hard with no practical experience haha. Appreciate your response

T-Baby

3 Year Member
Looks very female to me.
comparing the difference beatween male and female when already confirmed helps a load but remember all species are different.
Avics are notoriously difficult but Brachypelma’s are relatively easy.

If you need any pictures please don’t hesitate to ask and I’ll cup a few of my confirmed sexes for you.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Looks very female to me.
comparing the difference beatween male and female when already confirmed helps a load but remember all species are different.
Avics are notoriously difficult but Brachypelma’s are relatively easy.

If you need any pictures please don’t hesitate to ask and I’ll cup a few of my confirmed sexes for you.
Thank you, will do

Latest posts