• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding questiong, duh

darttak

Hello again, Forum. Sooo atm i have 3 slings. p.sazimai (around 1.5cm long), p.cambridgei(close to 3-3.5cm long) and c.versicolor(i`d say 4-5cm long) 2 bigger ones have water dishes and all the good stuff. And here`s the question. Read Toms site, says to feed slings 2-3 times a week, so i feed then monday,wednesday and friday. Usualy i give them speckled ****roach the size of their abdomen, mby slightly more. All eat good and thats nice. But do i overfeed them? Temperature here usualy is around 30-35 C, wich is around 86 F, if i remember the math correctly. Should i feed less? Thx . Oh and also all the length includes leg span

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
The amount you are feeding is more than what "most" people probably feed, but if they are eating, then its okay. If they get too full, they just won't eat any more in most cases. Keep an eye on your spider's abdomens. If they start looking too plump, slow down on the food.

I also keep my spiders at higher temperatures like yours. I usually feed tiny slings once every four days. Larger spiders, say over 5cm, get fed about once a week. There is a wide margin of error here. A person could feed more, or less, than either of us, and it would still be fine.

This is good info thanks, my sling ate for the first time with me last night (ive had it 2 days) how big should mine have to be for a water cap? If you include its legs its bigger then a water cap

nedaK

I knew it lol I could tell by your profile pic.
What do you have for juvies and slings
1.5” Grammostola porteri, 2.5-4” Nhandu chromatus x2, 1” Neoholothele incei gold color form, 2.5” Avicularia avicularia, 3.5” Brachypelma hamorii, and that’s it for tarantulas. I also have seven wolf spiders but I don’t feel like writing a book write now haha. Oh I also have a vinegaroon and a harvestman.

Latest posts