• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Favorite Arboreal t's?

martiannova

I have a fairly large exo terra that I had originally purchased for my pokie, but since she's got a ways to grow I think I'd rather put another t in it! So my question is what are your favorite arboreal species and why? Preferably mid level keeping...

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Probs a New world arboreal Caribena versicolor springs to mind nicely coloured and good display T. Or a Psalmopoeus of some kind I have a pulchers bit more aggressive though .

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
Probs a New world arboreal Caribena versicolor springs to mind nicely coloured and good display T. Or a Psalmopoeus of some kind I have a pulchers bit more aggressive though .
I agree with Lawrence. Irminia and versicolor are both very good choices. Personally I like versicolor more because of their furry rainbow of colors. Both tend to web a lot and you might not see them as much as you’d like. As far as temperament they are both fast but are more likely to retreat than throw a threat posture. Def solid mid level arboreals.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A third vote for the Versicolour & I would also add a second pinktoe, the Avic Avic.

Avicularia avicularia are a new world T, that are slow moving by arboreal standards & not very defensive. Although handling is not advised as they are jumpers & likely to launch themselves off your hand. They are also likely to spray you with excrement if annoyed.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Psalmopoeus langenbucheri, wish it would come out and pose for a picture. Haven't had mine for long, but it has become my favorite Psalmopoeus species (P. cambridgei is now a close second). It eats very well, aren't the largest in the genus, but equally stunning. I found mine to be unusually calm compared to other arboreals.

martiannova

I’m definitely adding Caribena versicolor to my list- they are gorgeous! Thank you all for the recs, my local shop happened to have a P. Irminia in stock, so I added one to the adult enclosure! She’s a little small for it, but I’m hoping she’ll be okay, as far as I’ve read this is not a t you want to rehouse often haha. I’ll post a picture later, hoping it’s a female but the abdomen is pretty small.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I’m definitely adding Caribena versicolor to my list- they are gorgeous! Thank you all for the recs, my local shop happened to have a P. Irminia in stock, so I added one to the adult enclosure! She’s a little small for it, but I’m hoping she’ll be okay, as far as I’ve read this is not a t you want to rehouse often haha. I’ll post a picture later, hoping it’s a female but the abdomen is pretty small.
Correct, I have a few P. irminia slings all but one are insane.

Latest posts