• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ever watched your T move dirt?

tapkoote

3 Year Member
When I first set up the tank, I put in some fish tank gravel just to see what would happen.
Andy (Ana) started at 7 pm moving gravel into his bunker. About 8:30 he noticed me watching and quit.
This is before I got my keepers guide, I suspected she/he had to catch her breath.
At 11:30 he started up again, finally ran out of gas at 2:30 am. I could barely keep my eyes open.
The first one is dark, but you can see the hole she dug and pulled the rocks down.
Some of the video is clearer than others.

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Would be interesting to know what goes through their little minds.

Andy sure kept busy with decorating, landscaping, and the building of his fortress. A dynamic li'l backhoe, etc., he was!:)
Meanwhile, the crickets stopped by, for an inspection of Andy's work, but did not lift a single leg to help him out. Lazy crickets.:rolleyes:

tapkoote

3 Year Member
Would be interesting to know what goes through their little minds.

Andy sure kept busy with decorating, landscaping, and the building of his fortress. A dynamic li'l backhoe, etc., he was!:)
Meanwhile, the crickets stopped by, for an inspection of Andy's work, but did not lift a single leg to help him out. Lazy crickets.:rolleyes:
LOL yep, kinda like the ant and the grass hopper, they just goof off.
Funny thing, when I changed the soil, got rid of the coconut hair, he didn't make any changes. I was hoping for more filming.

Marija

3 Year Member
My N chromatus moves dirt all the time, even caught her doing it a couple of times. She digs so deep I'm afraid her coconut husk hide will collapse onto her, and as if she's messing with me lol fills her water bowl with substrate every time :D

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
my new G. rosea dug out 2 shallow burrows since i received it. Sunday when we were feeding i sat there and watched her dig out a 3rd burrow under the water dish and use the substrate to fill in the other 2 burrows, so now she has 1 deep burrow down to the bottom of the enclosure. I dropped a roach in when she was done and it chased her out of the burrow. I'm guessing she's in premolt ;)

Latest posts