• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure shifted

Livingdeadgirl08

3 Year Member
The enclosure i keep my c. Hati hati in tipped over. It is about a little over an invh in length and im not sure if i need to dig my spider out and rehouse it or if it will dog itself out and make new borrows. Any input will be helpful.

Livingdeadgirl08

3 Year Member
The enclosure i keep my c. Hati hati in tipped over. It is about a little over an invh in length and im not sure if i need to dig my spider out and rehouse it or if it will dog itself out and make new borrows. Any input will be helpful.
The spider is a little over an inch in length, not the enclosure. The enclosure is a small critter tote.

testdasi

Personally I'd just leave it to dig itself out.

However, if you really worry (and I understand the sentiment), you can scoop substrate out little by little gently until you can see it. Put the critter tote inside a much larger plastic tote while doing this because chances are, it will shoot right out of the enclosure (needless to say, have your catch cup ready).

You do NOT need to rehouse, just add the removed substrate back into the enclosure and it will dig another burrow.

Livingdeadgirl08

3 Year Member
Yes i placed his enclosure in a larger bin and carefully removed substrate until i found my hati hati inside a web tunnel that had collapsed around it. Im glad i decided to help it out. It is unharmed and has already made a new home in a better fitted enclosure. Thanks guys!

Latest posts