• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure Clean Up Issue?

Trantulagirl13

My aphonopelma hentzi has a burrow that is right against the enclosure wall so I can see into it. Anyways, he has been defecating in the corner of his burrow, the furthest from the opening. Yesterday he put a little web over it. I'd really like to clean it but I don't want to disturb his burrow unless it's really necessary? My avicularia avicularia makes it much easier for me to find, always going in her water bowl or near it. This is my first burrowing tarantula, so I'm not sure how to go about this.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A few of my baboons leave all their trash in their burrows(waste molts ect..). I just do a substrate change once a year or so. Sometimes my other burrowing Ts will roll it up in web and pack it out...spring cleaning.;) I don't worry about it too much...Ive read that some species will live in the same burrow their entire lives...that could be a long time.

Latest posts