• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dying T??

Shelby1192

Hello, I am new to this forum and last night I found a T in my garage. Normally I would just leave it alone but it wasn't moving and very lethargic. I took it and put it on the porch in a box with a saucer of water. Didn't think it would make it through the night but it did. Other than water what should I do?
Picture of it in the saucer last night and a picture a little while ago.

Attachments

• 20200912_212426.jpg
    20200912_212426.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 20200913_095834.jpg
    20200913_095834.jpg
    716.1 KB · Views: 27

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi and welcome :)
First of all well done on helping a T out... Its definitely a mature male aphonopelma species :) there's little else you can do for him other than offering him water you could offer him food if you can find something for him but males just want to roam and look for females and little else - maybe after a couple of day rehydrating he may recuperate enough to move on again :)

Shelby1192

Hi and welcome :)
First of all well done on helping a T out... Its definitely a mature male aphonopelma species :) there's little else you can do for him other than offering him water you could offer him food if you can find something for him but males just want to roam and look for females and little else - maybe after a couple of day rehydrating he may recuperate enough to move on again :)
Thank you. I will find something to eat for him.

Shelby1192

As mature male, it is quite possible that he has had all the "wild nights with the ladies" as he can handle an is ready to pass on. Sometimes all we can do is give a safe place to pass in peace.
I didn't think he was going to make it through the day and I have been checking on him every few hours. I checked on him a few minutes ago and he wasn't in his box. First thought was something got him. Searched with my spotlight and found him on the side of the porch. He obviously feels much better. Ready to take on the ladies!

Attachments

• 20200913_225356.jpg
    20200913_225356.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20200913_225232.jpg
    20200913_225232.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13

Shelby1192

Great news.. It must be so nice to see him recover enough to move on :)
I guess I spoke prematurely. This morning when my husband got home from work he was by the door of garage/building. I guess he must want back in there because he was inside the building orginally. I picked him back up and moved him back into his box on the porch because where he was at the ants were trying to get him. He doesn't move and is curled up.

Attachments

• 20200914_104221.jpg
    20200914_104221.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I guess I spoke prematurely. This morning when my husband got home from work he was by the door of garage/building. I guess he must want back in there because he was inside the building orginally. I picked him back up and moved him back into his box on the porch because where he was at the ants were trying to get him. He doesn't move and is curled up.
Poor little guy he must be struggling although you are doing all you can... Is it real hot daytime temps where you are?