• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dubia zombie!

Roboto22

I lost this dubia in the enclosure about a month ago and then out of nowhere it crawls out of the substrate and startled my B. Hamorii in premolt. She started tapping on it like hey where did you come from lol. Sucks for that dubia cuz I promptly fed it to my P. auratus who was happy to oblige :)
1024192228.jpg

Last edited:

Roboto22

Yep and they dig too as I found out with this one. Since then ive learned to crush the heads and place them on their backs. They cant dig and just lay there and wiggle around which has worked like a charm for me :) Lats or crickets induce the best feeding response but lats are extremely fast and freak me out and crickets suck to keep around due to their smell. So, I prefer dubias as my feeders. The crush head method does work and they will still stay alive for 3 or 4 days after that as well.

Latest posts