• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Drinking Versicolors!

Ethel Webster

3 Year Member
This morning I caught both my Versi slings drinking from their tiny 'bowls'. I've had them 5 weeks now and one hasn't eaten for 2 weeks. Neither have moulted yet and I can't wait to experience a moult!

Attachments

• 20171012_095251.jpg
    20171012_095251.jpg
    891.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 20171012_095427.jpg
    20171012_095427.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 100

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I still find moults exciting. I hope you don't have too long to wait.

jackys

3 Year Member
Very cool :) I remember how excited I got the first time I saw one of my T's using her water bowl. Recently my B. hamorii has made a habit of taking a drink after every meal- at first I thought she was dropping food boluses in the bowl but nope, just thirsty.

Hope you get a molt soon!

Miss Moxie

3 Year Member
Drinking is so important for a Tarantula in pre-molt. Good on you for offering a water dish, and one without rocks inside too! You'd be surprised how many people still think tarantulas can drown.

PinkT

3 Year Member
What are using for a bowl? My current enclosure is too small for even a water cap. Caught my versicolor drinking off the soil I moistened. Also drops of water off the web.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What are using for a bowl? My current enclosure is too small for even a water cap. Caught my versicolor drinking off the soil I moistened. Also drops of water off the web.
I saw one drinking off the soil too so I put in clean pill packet blisters as bowls. Water caps don't fit in my tubs either.

I have heard of people using small Lego bricks as water bowls..

PinkT

3 Year Member
Caught my versicolor drinking this morning too Ethel Webster!IMG_20171126_100710.jpg Darker pic she's drinking. Better pic she's done. Notice the dish!

Attachments

• IMG_20171126_100452.jpg
    IMG_20171126_100452.jpg
    965.3 KB · Views: 47

DreadedNeith

Caught my versicolor drinking this morning too Ethel Webster!View attachment 27135 Darker pic she's drinking. Better pic she's done. Notice the dish!
I knkw this thread is way old but it got me thinking about small water dishes for a sling and i figured you could use the end plug from a bic pen. The plug is the part at the oposite end of the drawing tip. It may be a bit long but you could partially burry it in the substrate or cut a length of it off. Maybe someone will find this useful if they dont have leggo or a blister pack of pills. I may look around the house and start a new thread full of ideas for small water dishes.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I knkw this thread is way old but it got me thinking about small water dishes for a sling and i figured you could use the end plug from a bic pen. The plug is the part at the oposite end of the drawing tip. It may be a bit long but you could partially burry it in the substrate or cut a length of it off. Maybe someone will find this useful if they dont have leggo or a blister pack of pills. I may look around the house and start a new thread full of ideas for small water dishes.
I also use the cupboard blanking caps. The type that covers the pre drilled holes when putting in shelving etc.

Last edited:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Those rubber ends on water droppers can work if cut back the right way. They can also be made to stick to the side of the enclosure.

My Versicolor strongly prefers an elevated water dish.