• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dolothele diamantinensis

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
What do you guys reckon? I'm thinking male (but I'm no expert!). He's nearly 2".
If the picture isn't helpful, I'll try and pull the moult later from the hide + see if enough survived.
IMG_20190906_230856~2.jpg

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What do you guys reckon? I'm thinking male (but I'm no expert!). He's nearly 2".
If the picture isn't helpful, I'll try and pull the moult later from the hide + see if enough survived.
View attachment 40511
Hopefully you can get the moult and try sexing it that way instead :)
Mine is slightly bigger but I have no idea on sex atm here's a pic for you :)
IMG_20190824_141505.jpg

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Your one is lovely! Looking forward to seeing mine get as colourful when bigger. They are stunning little things. So glad I have one.

I'll see if I can delve into the hide later to grab that moult. Think I can go around the back. But you having a bigger one unsexed though has made me realise that it might be too early to know in my case. Guess I may have to wait a bit longer :)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Your one is lovely! Looking forward to seeing mine get as colourful when bigger. They are stunning little things. So glad I have one.

I'll see if I can delve into the hide later to grab that moult. Think I can go around the back. But you having a bigger one unsexed though has made me realise that it might be too early to know in my case. Guess I may have to wait a bit longer :)
Whenever my one has moulted its shread it so I can't see :( hopefully better luck next time but always worth looking at a moult if you can :)

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Another moult just over a week ago. 2" approx moult sexed today. Confirmed male. Idiot me accidentally wrecked the abdomen trying to get a photo to post. Now I'll have to wait until he moults again (lmao), hopefully I'll be a bit more careful and have a photo for you guys. I guess I'll be looking to line up a future gf for when my little man matures......

He's approx 2.25" now.