• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dog pee smell

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Vinegar. Ill spray Vinegar throughout my backyard. I let it soak in a few hours then rinse it. For the worse areas I dump it on heavy. I'm sure there's a better treatment out there. I found this out in a forum and it worked. Plus it is way cheaper then the pet store solutions.

ArachnoHorn

3 Year Member

always works when my rabbits pee all over the living room

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A gallon of cleaning vinegar is less than $2 at home depot. I use it for a ton of cleaning tasks including as a rinse aide in the dishwasher.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Concrete is porus. The urine smell will be deep within the concrete. Cleaning the top surface with anything will temporarily help. But it will take more than a surface clean to get rid of the smell after concrete has had a dog urinate on it, for many months.

Something strong like Jayes Fluid will help, but don't expect it to work long term.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Who can name the movie?

Xv-BUEO1M95IDnj6nosHcXxWeNvdU0QyL44r25gg24k.jpg

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Ok, ordered some green grass pills for the dog. Hopefully they will help with the smell and the burning of the grass. And I also got some odor elimination spray for the back yard. The wife demands results, it has started to keep her from going outside. I'll update with results

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Update: the pills seem to be helping with keeping the grass alive, and also seem to help( just slightly) with the stank of grunts urine. Also purchased some yard odor spray of a well known brand. It made a huge differance with just one treatment. Wife and daughter once again enjoy being outside

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Ultimately to get the pee smell out, stop the dog from peeing. You can do this by peeing on him. See how he likes it!

Every member of your family should do this.

Latest posts