• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does anyone else like cars?

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a track car. Was featured in the first addition of the Audi tuner magazine.
Audi ttrs. 550bhp/1240kg/700nm

khatchet

3 Year Member
Audi are nice the upper class ones any ways.I have a friend who likes trucks, but on the Chevys. Sorry for the late reply been very busy with work.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I like Japanese import, mainly Mitsubishi.

At the moment for practicality reasons I drive a very "boring" Vauxhall (General Motors?) Zafira. Don't get me wrong it's a nice economical (in the UK we don't get petrol as cheap as in the US lol) drive and you could fit a small country inside it.
I'm seriously considering the Mitsubishi Outlander (7 seat version) as my next car, as long as it has a little more power than my 1.6 ltr engine just now (alright for motorways, but uphill it could do with a bit more strength).

I love the look and sound of super and muscle cars. There's a car show in aid of Erskine (care homes for veterans) every year and I love seeing all of them there:
Dear Santa...
dgQrgj1.jpg

3HSztFJ.jpg

qsfbO7z.jpg

P38jabJ.jpg

kh9n2Rb.jpg

1BosLqm.jpg

KU8Y2di.jpg

MG2jUaq.jpg

2Ze31oo.jpg

9RramV5.jpg

H264S7A.jpg

hJph528.jpg

P.S.: It always makes me laugh: Where we stay we get a lot of boy/girl racers with their little home tuned up 1 ltr. Fiats and Renaults (which usually only involves taking the muffler out until their next MOT). We also get a lot of millionaire kids with their Porsches, R8s and Maseratis. The chavs' little cars sound like sick hairdryers with diarrhea compared to the the roar of the big boys, lol.

khatchet

3 Year Member
That sou d a lot like people here. 2.0,2.4, 3.0 from Mitsubishi are great to tune. Also for the rich kid it is not what you buy, but what you build.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Growing up, my brother had a 69 Roadrunner, then a full race Dart. I love the old muscle cars, but I don't feel comfortable in anything but a GMC truck. My last 4 vehicles were all sierras :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'd love that Maserati :) I have 2 dream cars, okay 3 really. First has been my dream car since i was a little dude, a 70 'cuda hemi. Second is my European dream car, the Aston Martin Vanquish. Okay i lied 4 cars :) either the Vanquish or the DB9. Next is the '69 Camaro, but i want mine supertuned. Stock body but with today's technology. I saw a top gear episode with one of those and couldn't stop drooling for an hour. And since we've already established i've lied in the post, my 5th dream car is the Dodge Charger Hellcat. Fastest (or is currently, along with the Challenger Hellcat) mass production car in the world. And i say Charger as the last production run of the charger is 2016, so it will become a very hot item after they're discontinued :) Plus they plan to discontinue the Hellcat engine in 2019.

My current joy is my Jeep :) nothing beats a drive up into the mountains to explore the next unused back road that leads to.... that's the fun part is finding out! :D

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
resto-mod is what they call it. Unlike restoration of bringing the car back to life just as it was in say 1969, resto-mod restores the car but uses today's technology. so the old 1969 Camaro RS or SS back then pushed out something like 425 hp with a big V8. Resto-mod cranks that up to over 700 hp :) I'd love an old 69 camaro or even a 70 GTO that will compete with some of the European super cars, well until they have to take a corner lol.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'd love that Maserati :) I have 2 dream cars, okay 3 really. First has been my dream car since i was a little dude, a 70 'cuda hemi. Second is my European dream car, the Aston Martin Vanquish. Okay i lied 4 cars :) either the Vanquish or the DB9. Next is the '69 Camaro, but i want mine supertuned. Stock body but with today's technology. I saw a top gear episode with one of those and couldn't stop drooling for an hour. And since we've already established i've lied in the post, my 5th dream car is the Dodge Charger Hellcat. Fastest (or is currently, along with the Challenger Hellcat) mass production car in the world. And i say Charger as the last production run of the charger is 2016, so it will become a very hot item after they're discontinued :) Plus they plan to discontinue the Hellcat engine in 2019.

My current joy is my Jeep :) nothing beats a drive up into the mountains to explore the next unused back road that leads to.... that's the fun part is finding out! :D
You, Sir or Madam have good taste lol :)!

I forgot to add the BMW i8 or the Audi R8 to my Santa wishlist. For me the i8 wins in looks, but I've seen (and heard) driving around here (rich people who can afford a car for the price of a small flat) and it looks like a nice toy (let's face it, it is a toy and not a practical car).
http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/08/22/would-you-buy-the-bmw-i8-or-the-audi-r8/

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You, Sir or Madam have good taste lol :)!

I forgot to add the BMW i8 or the Audi R8 to my Santa wishlist. For me the i8 wins in looks, but I've seen (and heard) driving around here (rich people who can afford a car for the price of a small flat) and it looks like a nice toy (let's face it, it is a toy and not a practical car).
http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/08/22/would-you-buy-the-bmw-i8-or-the-audi-r8/
You wouldn't go for the m3 or m5? If we're talking affordable super cars the audi r8 is high in the list. Dodge viper is another I'd love to have. I got to drive one back in 2010 I think it was when they brought them back in production. 2.5 hour drive through the boring high mountain desert on the freeway here turned into an hour an 40 some minutes of pure adrenaline.

My friends uncle bought one brand new first shipment to the dealership. Then had a heart attack and was hospitalized. Probably after he saw the bill lol.

So my friend and I had to drive over pick it up and drive back. I was smart and got him real drunk the night before lol he still gets pissed about that.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
At the moment for practicality reasons I drive a very "boring" Vauxhall (General Motors?) Zafira. Don't get me wrong it's a nice economical (in the UK we don't get petrol as cheap as in the US lol) drive and you could fit a small country inside it.
I'm seriously considering the Mitsubishi Outlander (7 seat version) as my next car, as long as it has a little more power than my 1.6 ltr engine just now (alright for motorways, but uphill it could do with a bit more strength).

I love the look and sound of super and muscle cars. There's a car show in aid of Erskine (care homes for veterans) every year and I love seeing all of them there:
Dear Santa...
dgQrgj1.jpg

3HSztFJ.jpg

qsfbO7z.jpg

P38jabJ.jpg

kh9n2Rb.jpg

1BosLqm.jpg

KU8Y2di.jpg

MG2jUaq.jpg

2Ze31oo.jpg

9RramV5.jpg

H264S7A.jpg

hJph528.jpg

P.S.: It always makes me laugh: Where we stay we get a lot of boy/girl racers with their little home tuned up 1 ltr. Fiats and Renaults (which usually only involves taking the muffler out until their next MOT). We also get a lot of millionaire kids with their Porsches, R8s and Maseratis. The chavs' little cars sound like sick hairdryers with diarrhea compared to the the roar of the big boys, lol.
L
Wow...fantastic cars. I Love mustangs...... I am "old skool" ford all the way. Love Ford Capri for my sins. Here is the only remaining pic of my Mk1.
2015-06-14 18.38.34.jpg

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Love the MK1. only Ford i can even remotely say i like ;) My uncle owned one that he painted a deep deep purple with black stripes. Loved the sound of that car. Almost as much as the sound of Dad's 1970 hemi challenger :) nothing beats the sound of a hemi. Not even the 12 turbos of the bugatti veyron at 230 mph that sounds like a small jet going by. My dad and my uncle would race their cars when i was a kid. Local track there would do amature drag nights. mach 1 could never beat the dodge, even with all the tinkering and tuning my uncle did in his shop. :)

The bugatti is a different story. Here they do the Sun Valley Road Rally every summer. I missed last year but the year before the fastest car there was a blue and white bugattii veyron. 232 mph. I was in the bleachers along the highway at the finish line, maybe 50 yards or so back from the road. The road is called the fastest highway in the US from this rally :) It's a stretch here in Idaho between Sun Valley and Stanely. First part is a slight slope and then a mild corner, then a half mile down a 5% grade or so to flatten out for a mile to the finish line. I watched a 67 mustang GT blow it's engine hitting 130 in that race :) but then again it's a ford so that's no suprise. Also watched 2 brothers in identical Corvet CS6, one black one red, hit 198 and 199 mph fully stock. Porsche G3 did 202 mph IIRC. full 5 or 6 hours (they quit racing when the day warms up, usually start at 8am or so when it's nice and cool for the best performance and stop around 1 or 2 when it hits the mid 70s or so) of pure adrenaline.

Current top speed is by the veyron of course, 235 mph. call it the Hell Bug, beautiful red and black paint job on that $1m+ car. video is here if your interested :) https://sunvalleyroadrally.com/press/

All procedes go to the anti drug coalition and other charities. They auction off rides in the fastest cars too. I just don't have the starting bid price of $2000 to get to ride in the bugatti or I'd be there :) last year i went they sold the bugatti ride for $4700. Guy that bought the ride got to do 215 mph in the passenger seat. lucky bastard :D

Latest posts