• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Davus pentoralis Breeding

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I've put them together a couple of times now. The first time, the female showed a food response and he boogied out of there. The second time things were much calmer. I left them together for a while, but didn't see them do the deed. The second time, I set their enclosures side-by-side in a big tub, removed the tops and let them mingle on their own.
IMG_9252.JPG

I'll give them another couple of opportunities over the next few days.

Tabitha

3 Year Member
@Tabitha

Saw your post in the other thread and thought you might like to see this thread too! :)
Thanks @Tortoise Tom yes! I found this in the middle of the night when I couldn’t sleep, but too sleepy to write!
I thought oh wow! What are the chances! Thank you! When you said you put the enclosures side by side, there’s no way he actually sees but is there another way that the male knows the female is near by? Sorry if that’s a dumb question or is it only when he is in the same enclosure?
Thank you for thinking of me, I do love these Ts, such beautiful colour and markings.

Latest posts