• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cyaneopubescens chromatopelma project

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So my GBB hooked out on March 20 of this year, 2020; roughly 3 months ago and two years since we got him. The clock is ticking for him!
Here is where he has been documented since we got him in March of 2018: https://www.tarantulaforum.com/threads/three-more-slings.21754/post-166935

He has been on the prowl day and night, looking to serve his purpose and though I've never seen him make a sperm web, I'm sure he's turned his hide into a whack shack.

Here he is with some "white strings" lol
full

I really want to help him fulfil his destiny, so when a local club member posted his 5.5" MF GBB for sale, I jumped on her. No, not literally.

Here she is in her new home. Exploring last night
IMG_20200623_001717.jpg

IMG_20200623_001731.jpg

Hunkering down this morning
IMG_20200623_164837.jpg

A better view of her enclosure, aka The Love Shack ;) :p
IMG_20200622_233804.jpg

I positioned a cork bark hollow that has a dog-leg left bend coming out of the substrate here. I'm hoping she finds it appealing and digs out the loose sub I filled it with. I want her to feel successful digging it.
IMG_20200622_233750.jpg

It backs up to the glass so if she does drop a sac in there, I will see it
IMG_20200623_080136.jpg

Her last molt was May 21, 2018 and her last meal was January 1, 2020

The goal now will be to trigger a molt real soon then start conditioning her for breeding, and hopefully my MM and bring it!

More to come on both these beautiful creatures and this project

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
So my GBB hooked out on March 20 of this year, 2020; roughly 3 months ago and two years since we got him. The clock is ticking for him!
Here is where he has been documented since we got him in March of 2018: https://www.tarantulaforum.com/threads/three-more-slings.21754/post-166935

He has been on the prowl day and night, looking to serve his purpose and though I've never seen him make a sperm web, I'm sure he's turned his hide into a whack shack.

Here he is with some "white strings" lol
full

I really want to help him fulfil his destiny, so when a local club member posted his 5.5" MF GBB for sale, I jumped on her. No, not literally.

Here she is in her new home. Exploring last night
View attachment 47107
View attachment 47105
Hunkering down this morning
View attachment 47102

A better view of her enclosure, aka The Love Shack ;) :p
View attachment 47103

I positioned a cork bark hollow that has a dog-leg left bend coming out of the substrate here. I'm hoping she finds it appealing and digs out the loose sub I filled it with. I want her to feel successful digging it.View attachment 47104

It backs up to the glass so if she does drop a sac in there, I will see it
View attachment 47106

Her last molt was May 21, 2018 and her last meal was January 1, 2020

The goal now will be to trigger a molt real soon then start conditioning her for breeding, and hopefully my MM and bring it!

More to come on both these beautiful creatures and this project
Good luck, that enclosure is gorgeous

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Did you successfully pair prior to her moulting? Did the MM you raised die for love ? ;)
I wish you luck finding another male and with any future breeding attempts :)