• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Communal Aviv avic?

KWISE89

I got a second A avic from someone on the forum who didn't want it anymore. It is about 2.5" and my original is about 2". I've heard you can keep them in the same enclosure without any problems as long as it is big enough. I've got a 12x12x12 exo terra the bigger one is in right now. Could i move the 2" into it out would that be a bad idea?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've had communal pinktoes back in the early 90s. With pinktoes the will live together but they need lots of space. The need their own area...kinda defeats the purpose huh??? Most people that try this and fail try to keep them in a small enclosure. I had 5 living in a old 500 gallon fish tank. They did really well for a few years. One disappeared (must have been eaten), one fell during a molt and died, the other three I ended up putting into separate enclosures and they died of old age.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've had communal pinktoes back in the early 90s. With pinktoes the will live together but they need lots of space. The need their own area...kinda defeats the purpose huh??? Most people that try this and fail try to keep them in a small enclosure. I had 5 living in a old 500 gallon fish tank. They did really well for a few years. One disappeared (must have been eaten), one fell during a molt and died, the other three I ended up putting into separate enclosures and they died of old age.
Makes sense, really. I've seen videos of them "in the wild" where there would be several living under the eaves of houses, in close proximity. Like giant house spiders. Others were in trees, and they found several in big rolled up leaves on the ground.

Latest posts