• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Collection?

Sergio

3 Year Member
Dumb question but just wanted to get forums thoughts. I have three adult female brachypelma hamori and as well as immature males plus three other female brachypelma species and spiderlings, I like the species for their calm nature, colors, but I also have an Adult female Grammostola pulchra. Do breeders tend to focus on one species? Or more?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Dumb question but just wanted to get forums thoughts. I have three adult female brachypelma hamori and as well as immature males plus three other female brachypelma species and spiderlings, I like the species for their calm nature, colors, but I also have an Adult female Grammostola pulchra. Do breeders tend to focus on one species? Or more?
I personally like to mix species but if you breed, inevitably you need to find new homes so some of the more popular species are always being bred as you can usually find a new home for the babies with little hassle. on the other hand, there are very rare species out there that others will breed to try and make significant money. Problem is, the rarity goes down each time you breed and that desirable species that you may have forked out significant money for, does not make the money you originally thought. Take T seladonia as an example, in the space of 6 months I have seen these go from nearly £300 a sling to £75 now. Still a lot of money but now the market is almost saturated with them and £75 can still be a hefty price for many to pay. Especially that species as they are renowned for being somewhat delicate and have unique care needs.

Latest posts