• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens enclosure?

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
Hi everyone,
I'm wanting to adopt a GBB but I'm a little stumped. I have an A. avic in an Exo Terra Wide (12x12x12). I have another Exo Terra Nano (8x8x12) that's not being used. I suppose I could put the Avic in the unused Nano and save the Wide for the GBB. The only potential issue I see is that the Avic is "cocooned" (for lack of a better term) in her webbing for the past 2-3 weeks and I don't think I should disturb her just to switch her out.

I have another A. avic in a separate Nano and she seems just fine in there. The GBB I want is 4+ inches; larger than either Avic. I don't know if it's worth rehousing the Avic into the extra Nano just so the GBB can have the larger crib. Also, what about the fact that the Avic is inside her web? If I do rehouse her should I wait 'til she comes out? Ideally, I would like to have the GBB in the Wide and the two Avics in the Nanos. Hope you all don't think I'm obsessing over this, but I prolly am. :/ I would appreciate any comments/opinions you may have. Thanx.
:T:

Last edited:

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
If you think the Avic is in premolt I’d be a bit hesitant to move it, but its not the end of the world if you do.

I do agree though, put the GBB in the 12” cube. I have an AF in an 11” cube and its the perfect size. The 8x8x12s are good for the Avics.

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
If you think the Avic is in premolt I’d be a bit hesitant to move it, but its not the end of the world if you do.

I do agree though, put the GBB in the 12” cube. I have an AF in an 11” cube and its the perfect size. The 8x8x12s are good for the Avics.

That's what I was thinking. Since I'm still new to this I'm hesitant to mess with her at this time. These Avics are new to me and I haven't been thru a molt with them yet so I don't think I should disturb her. She's been like that for 2-3 weeks now so I have NO IDEA how long this will go on. I wish she would just get on with it but until then I'll wait it out. Maybe I can prepay the GBB and delay the shipping 'til I can make the switch. Or I could just get the GBB, put her in the Nano then rehouse them both at the same time when the Avic is done. Any thoughts on that?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Or you can run with the big dogs and put that Gbb in a 8x8x12. I've raised dozens of Gbbs this way until they mature the I put them in a 12x12x12 or larger.
20180101_122723.jpg
20171231_061358.jpg

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
Or you can run with the big dogs and put that Gbb in a 8x8x12. I've raised dozens of Gbbs this way until they mature the I put them in a 12x12x12 or larger.View attachment 31639 View attachment 31640

The GBB I'm wanting is at 4.5". That's why I was thinking of the 12x12x12 to begin with. What is your thought about my original post? Should I just wait on the Avic to molt (assuming that's what she's getting ready to do) b4 trying to rehouse her to the Nano? I'm not 100 percent sure she's in premolt, but I really don't wanna mess with her in case she is. BTW, that's one good lookin' web in that thar pic.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The GBB I'm wanting is at 4.5". That's why I was thinking of the 12x12x12 to begin with. What is your thought about my original post? Should I just wait on the Avic to molt (assuming that's what she's getting ready to do) b4 trying to rehouse her to the Nano? I'm not 100 percent sure she's in premolt, but I really don't wanna mess with her in case she is. BTW, that's one good lookin' web in that thar pic.
I'd leave her alone...theres plenty of time for rehousing in the future.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I have a better idea than ALL of this: Leave the Avics where they are, get another Avic, or something else for the empty Nano Tall, and buy another Nano Wide for the incoming GBB! BOOM! Everybody wins!

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
I have a better idea than ALL of this: Leave the Avics where they are, get another Avic, or something else for the empty Nano Tall, and buy another Nano Wide for the incoming GBB! BOOM! Everybody wins!

D'OH! (slaps forehead)
Guess I never thought of that. :/

Last edited: