• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chaco..how often are they out on show?

Tabitha

3 Year Member
Hi all, two years ago I got a Chaco the size of a grain of rice, so now she’s getting big, relatively speaking, 7cm dls, she’s a burrower for sure and never out except at night occasionally.
I have a large glass display Viv or a large plastic terrarium, more functional, I kind of don’t want to use the show Viv for a T that will be in a burrow most of the time, and maybe have something that’s on show more for that particular Viv, so as they get larger will she be on on show more or should I just use a plastic terrarium for her. I hardly see her but most of the other species are often on view.
Thanks very much for any perspective on their behaviour.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think most NW terrestrials in general, tend to come out more often once they hit 3"

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi all, two years ago I got a Chaco the size of a grain of rice, so now she’s getting big, relatively speaking, 7cm dls, she’s a burrower for sure and never out except at night occasionally.
I have a large glass display Viv or a large plastic terrarium, more functional, I kind of don’t want to use the show Viv for a T that will be in a burrow most of the time, and maybe have something that’s on show more for that particular Viv, so as they get larger will she be on on show more or should I just use a plastic terrarium for her. I hardly see her but most of the other species are often on view.
Thanks very much for any perspective on their behaviour.
My little Chaco is always out and about but its only about 1" dsl...if your one likes to burrow it maybe worth putting her in the plastic terrarium as it will still give her a lovely good sized home to live in perfect for her needs and she can burrow as much as she likes...
save the glass housing for one of your other lovely Ts that likes being on show:)