• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cause im a rocket man!

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Built my first rocket stove the other day. I have to add a door to the feed shute to block some air. But all in all I'd call it a success. Still need to clean up the design some also.
20201207_163744.jpg
20201207_180407.jpg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I know I am going to sound stupid but what is it used for? Besides a perfect flame for for S'MORES lol

They are very efficient wood burners, So environmentally they make very good wood fired cookers & research carried out in countries where people cook indoors using fire, also shows that they are a much safer option, from a fume perspective.

They are very efficient wood burners, So environmentally they make very good wood fired cookers & research carried out in countries where people cook indoors using fire, also shows that they are a much safer option, from a fume perspective.
I am now very interested in these wood burners! From what I have learned the are very effect in what they are built for, safer for the environment, are able to be built at home (if you a good DIY-er lol) and they can actually help you live and survive at a lower cost. BONUS you can have fun using them, bragging right that you made your own, and they are cool looking!
I am sure there is much more I am leaving out but dang Just from the little I've learned I would love to have one!

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am sure there is much more I am leaving out but dang Just from the little I've learned I would love to have one!

In third world countries where they need wood fires to cook, these burners, can make a massive difference. Less wood being burned & less problematic gases within the home, make a real difference to peoples lives & these burners do not need to be made from metal. It is easy to make them from mud/clay.

Deforestation adds to food production issues, as trees help to prevent soil erosion & flooding. Half of the earth's topsoil has been lost during the past 150 years & just over 70% of the world's surface is seawater, now deduct deserts, which take up 33% of the earth's land surface & that means we have lost 50% of the 20% that is, or was topsoil. And the loss of topsoil causes any nutrients within the subsoil to degrade quicker & for salinity (salt levels,) within the remaining subsoil to also increase.

Latest posts