• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It amazes me how sedate they are compared to my Australian Tarantulas, they don't sit still at all, no way could I have the lid off while they are out of their burrows.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The video show how beautiful your spider is, but I wanted to see you doing the actual move from container to container.
Me too! I found the situation he's in to be hard, the spider just keeps running around the outside of the transport container no matter which way you turn it and greatly resists efforts to guide it into the new enclosure, I was hoping to see how he managed it.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I had a baboon tarantula pull a stunt like that. Since the cage was in a tote with a cold water mote in a bathtub, he wasn't going to go anywhere. One toe in the water & he always headed back up!!

What I did was to prod him and gently blow on him to keep him running, which he managed to keep up for a minute or two.,.teleporting actually.

Basically, it was the same thing cowboys do called round penning a horse. I just ran it in circles until he got to tired to run and slowed down. After that, he calmly went back to his home.

Containment saved the day!!

They don't have advanced respiratory systems and really can't maintain a sustained effort for very long, just quick bursts of speed.

Here he is after he slowed down and I got him back on the shelf.

My C versicolor is a joy to rehouse & is in it's forever home. Hopefully, I'll never have to pull him out again.

I used the catch cup as more of a trial run to see how it would work with a much faster species, namely my pokies. That's totally unnecessary for this species.