1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can't find bollus?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Feeding and Feeder Insects' started by Zarshenyu, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Zarshenyu

Zarshenyu Member

Hello everyone :)

Today is the 3rd week since i have my T and since he arrive, he ate 1 mealworm and 4 crickets.

My concern is when he ate mealworm, i can find a corpse ball (or bollus?) of the mealworm inside the enclosure. And i already took it out.

He ate 4 crickets from 2 weeks ago. Like 2 crickets each week. But since he ate his first cricket, i can't find any bollus or crickets' corpse.

He has pooped around 4 times also, but still. I can't find any bollus or body part of dead crickets.

Is it normal if my T ate all of the crickets' body part and leave no bollus?

It seems like my T likes to bury his poop (i always find the poop is below the surface).
    Is it possible if my T also bury the bollus? And if yes, what should i do?
    Should i immediately look for the bollus and take it out? But he already make a web on the surface. I won't disturb or ruin his work.

Please advice.
    Thank you
  2. Arachnoclown

Arachnoclown Well-Known Member Premium Member 1,000+ Post Club

It's no big deal. They usually will place them as far away from their burrow as possible. I've watched many Ts consume their entire meal not leaving a bolus at all. Infact I've never seen any from one of my T. Stirmis. If your using crickets sometimes its just the crickets head and face that is left and it blends in with the substrate nicely. The dirt mites will get rid of it...;)
    Zarshenyu and Tortoise Tom like this.
  3. Zarshenyu

Zarshenyu Member

I only took out something that looks like crickets' head once. But it might be just a dried soil.

Wow, dirt mites? Are they dangerous for T?
  4. Arachnoclown

Arachnoclown Well-Known Member Premium Member 1,000+ Post Club

No...:)
    Zarshenyu likes this.
  5. Zarshenyu

Zarshenyu Member

Okay then! :T:

Thank you for the information :D