• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C. Versicolor Enclosure Ideas and Hysterocrates Gigas Information Request

Isilwen

3 Year Member
Saturday, at a local reptile show, I picked up a larger versicolor! I'm gonna say she (probable female according to the vendor) is about two inches or so. She also came with a nano-tall enclosure that I need to populate with "clutter" type things. There is already a small cork round glued to the background, so I will work around that. Hoping to have better luck with a larger versicolor over a smaller sling where I have lost two already.

I was given a free tarantula for spending a certain amount of money with that vendor. It's a hysterocrates gigas and I know nothing about them other than they are an old world tarantula. I swore I would never get an old world, but it was free, and I didn't want to turn it down. It is maybe a 1/4 sling. Please tell me about them!

Here are photos of what the enclosure for the versicolor looks like currently. You can see the versicolor in the photos. I am going to change the substrate out to reptisoil.

214297631_10159426668428048_5383416222095638941_n.jpg

215847302_10159426669733048_1354893128832637854_n.jpg

Oh, and I have this coming to replace the screen top:

il_1140xN.2993897829_g1sq.jpg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Keep a 2" avic in a 32 oz deli cup with good cross ventilation, 1-2" of packed substrate, moss in one area and leaning cork bark flat with some leaves and a bottle cap water dish.

That ET Nano is way too big for a 2" anything.

Isilwen

3 Year Member
Keep a 2" avic in a 32 oz deli cup with good cross ventilation, 1-2" of packed substrate, moss in one area and leaning cork bark flat with some leaves and a bottle cap water dish.

That ET Nano is way too big for a 2" anything.

Was told by the breeder that this is what they keep their two-inch versicolors in with no issues.

Not looking to rehouse, looking for ideas for this enclosure, please.

Latest posts