• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C versicolor care

FishboyUK

I've been keeping my 2 slings in 32oz deli cups with lots of holes in lid and 2 rows around the top side. A plastic milk bottle lid bowl which they have webbed over so I just drip a few drops of water with a pipette through the vent holes on to the web now and then instead which they drink. Substrate started of slightly moist but is basically dry now. No need for spraying in my limited experience.

James1975

I've been keeping my 2 slings in 32oz deli cups with lots of holes in lid and 2 rows around the top side. A plastic milk bottle lid bowl which they have webbed over so I just drip a few drops of water with a pipette through the vent holes on to the web now and then instead which they drink. Substrate started of slightly moist but is basically dry now. No need for spraying in my limited experience.
Cheers mate will do that,thanks.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
agree with everything said. I have kept hundreds of C versi. Dry substrate, lots of cross ventilation and water dish/droplets on the web for the slings. very light misting once a week.
I have never really noticed a disproportionately high mortality rate kept this way and apart from the species that need high humidity (theraphosa for example), seems to work for all my Ts.

I look at it this way....vast majority of spiders available in the hobby are captive bred and so they are already acclimated to the weather/humidity of where they were bred (Europe/US/GB etc) so replicating the 'natural' environment like most care sheets suggest, is probably doing more harm than good.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
tenor (37).gif

Matthew

3 Year Member
This is how I setup my Versicolor's enclosure. An AMAC box upside down. She spends all her time up at the top and webs it all up but since it opens at the bottom I can get in there to feed and water without destroying its web castle. Learned this trick from one of @Arachnoclown 's posts.

IMG_2246.JPG
IMG_2707.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
something similar....(readily available from UK). I think they are used for baby snake or other reptile carriers. flip it on its side and then either have the hing bit wide or narrow by turning the lid round. plus a few extra ventilation holes and job done. I think they are about £1 each.
20191230_202057.jpg

James1975

Yeah I've got some it's in a 32oz delicup which is fine for now as she is a small sling,she has webbed the lid it will be difficult to drop some water on her web.

Attachments

• 15777376104308715049588108581343.jpg
    15777376104308715049588108581343.jpg
    837.1 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts