• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C. olivaceum

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looking for information on this species, as I'm looking into getting some.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I keep mine (around 1" dls) on dry substrate, they don't seem to burrow much but they do web and it's quite often either up the plant or on the lid of the container.
Be warned though they are fast and will attempt escape at the slightest opportunity.:eek:

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I keep mine (around 1" dls) on dry substrate, they don't seem to burrow much but they do web and it's quite often either up the plant or on the lid of the container.
Be warned though they are fast and will attempt escape at the slightest opportunity.:eek:
I have one -actually I got mine from the same place and the same time as @Enn49 :)
I keep mine the same,and yes totally agree they are extremely fast and will escape! mine did and when I caught it it bit me lol so small no damage was done but its always a worry to open its enclosure now!:eek::D

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have one -actually I got mine from the same place and the same time as @Enn49 :)
I keep mine the same,and yes totally agree they are extremely fast and will escape! mine did and when I caught it it bit me lol so small no damage was done but its always a worry to open its enclosure now!:eek::D
Noted, thanks for the advice and warning. Already know how I'm going to deal with the speed.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Noted, thanks for the advice and warning. Already know how I'm going to deal with the speed.

Wow, didn't even know they were available in the hobby! I remember seeing a video by bugsnstuff where they were found hiding in dry stone walls in, I think it was Cyprus. If I've got the wrong species, I'm happy to be corrected! Trust us Europeans to have a cranky Houdini tarantula!

Latest posts