• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bugshelf

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
I guess some people would call it a bookshelf, but if it's full of bugs its a bugshelf. I set this up yesterday for my 4 tarantulas and 14 mantids. Not to mention crickets and flies.
P1010841_zpsf926159d.jpg

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
I guess some people would call it a bookshelf, but if it's full of bugs its a bugshelf. I set this up yesterday for my 4 tarantulas and 14 mantids. Not to mention crickets and flies.
P1010841_zpsf926159d.jpg

I could stand there and just look at them all for hours i bet...thats awesome...I have a slightly smaller critter bookshelf.

setupsofar.jpg

Although I'll be adding 2 more additions on Tuesday.

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
I could stand there and just look at them all for hours i bet...thats awesome...I have a slightly smaller critter bookshelf.

View attachment 5308

Although I'll be adding 2 more additions on Tuesday.
Two more! What are you getting? As my mantid collection dies off I'm going to add some more T's. I will be keeping mantids but right now only the large species, they're my favorites. I'm hoping to get my hands on some Giant Australian mantids soon.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Two more! What are you getting? As my mantid collection dies off I'm going to add some more T's. I will be keeping mantids but right now only the large species, they're my favorites. I'm hoping to get my hands on some Giant Australian mantids soon.

If you can get Giant Australian Mantids...please let me know...Ive raised 6 mantids before, I love them too.

Im getting a Ceratogyrus marshalli sling and a black widow spider *happy noises* lol

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member

Actually where do you get your Mantids if you don't mind me asking, both my father and I love them. We have always ordered cocoons to hatch and release for population, and would always keep a few to raise. We love them. If I could get my dad a special one...he'd be ecstatic.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
You're braver than I am. I'm staying away from inverts with "medically significant" venom.

Yeah I do not recommend them for sure. I have kept...more spiders than I can count for like the past 11 years, never been bitten..I take all the precautions. Gotta take them serious that's for sure. A bite likely wont kill you...but its still bad enough to feel like your dying. (with prompt medical attention).

The only spiders I will handle are jumping spiders, the rest I've managed to have and keep and never even come close to an escape or bite. Its a risk, but I'm willing to take it. I'm pretty confidant about spiders.

Quandry

3 Year Member
I love the shelf! I have one, but it's much smaller and less full. It only has a gecko (well, he EATS invertebrates...), three T's, a hissing roach, and plants.