• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breeding arboreal t's

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Am I better moving females to a smaller enclosure before breeding or leaving them in large enclosures?
what size do you class as 'large' I have AF pokies in either the 20x20x30 or 30x30x40 enclosures (wxdxh) and just put males in.
I have a pair of P Mets that have been living together in a 30c30x40 for about 3 weeks now.
To add...it is always better to introduce a male to an enclosure the female has been in for a while so he can pick up signs and get all revved up. ;)

regalis

Mine are in 45x45x90 exo terras. I have been told they are large. My concern is they are "scaped" and have multiple hides built into the background. I dont want the male to run and hide and I cant get him out

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I would not worry. I have those and my males stay hidden for a very long time. 6 months and more... they always come out at one point to look for a partner :)

regalis

I would not worry. I have those and my males stay hidden for a very long time. 6 months and more... they always come out at one point to look for a partner :)
Yes but what I mean is..... if I put him in her enclosure and she chases him. He may hide in her enclosure and I wont be able to reach him.....but she will

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If he runs and can hide he will be safe. I have a male and female Ch. andersoni in one of those. He made him a retreat. They are together since 3 weeks...

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I use large enclosures for all my females then just place the males enclosure inside. Its extremely hard to intervene and save the male...this way he has somewhere to go and almost always runs back to his enclosure.
20200314_142545.jpg
20200120_151842.jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My enclosures are 45x45x90cm I will just have to stand by and watch
Watch and do what??? You cant do anything about what she wants to do to him. Your reaction time is basically in reverse compared to a Poecilotheria. Just put your Male in and leave the door open so maybe he can escape.

Latest posts