1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma vagans... Help!

Discussion in 'Brachypelma' started by Julianaaax, Dec 4, 2018 at 12:10 PM.

1. Julianaaax

Julianaaax New Member

Had my B. Vegans for a couple months now (molted twice since I had him and his last molt was 20th October) it’s my first T so I’m still learning, but recently I noticed these yellowish spots on the inside of his abdomen and his rump looks a bit concerning, he’s been a bit lethargic lately but he’s been eating fine and had his last meal (locust) a couple days ago, his water bowl always has water in it and I overflow it sometimes as to wet the substrate and temp is fine. Should I be concerned?
    upload_2018-12-4_20-6-39.png
    upload_2018-12-4_20-10-37.png
  2. Mattkc

Mattkc Well-Known Member

Not to worry! The “yellowish” spots under his belly is it’s book lungs (4). Your T appears well feed by the size of its abdomen, as well as a sign that it’s getting close to molting again. Some T’s start kicking hair when getting close to their molt time - it can get uncomfortable like wearing clothes that are a few sizes to small. T’s will get lethargic during premolt, and when older will slow down or stop eating weeks before molting. You are doing good by adding a little more moisture in it’s cage - keep the water bowl full and clean and spray the coco fiber around it till wet, then let dry out and repeat. These Brachy’s are more tropical than most of the others in its family.
    Bottom line it appears your doing everything right - relax and enjoy!
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 2:04 PM
  3. Arachnoclown

Arachnoclown Well-Known Member Premium Member 1,000+ Post Club

Looks good to me.... @Mattkc nailed it.
  4. Orangebiteything

Orangebiteything Member

Are you sure it is a male though? Keep us posted! Fat and healthy looking to me. :) we look forward to the molt! I think you may have a female though....;3