• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma reclassification!!!!

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Has anyone else seen this?
On the plus side. I have all the Brachypelma now!
Now need to search for some Tliltocatl sp. :(
I've got a few hundred labels to redo now!!!! I was so mad this morning when I read this.:mad:

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Has anyone else seen this?
On the plus side. I have all the Brachypelma now!
Now need to search for some Tliltocatl sp. :(
Was just about to post this

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Anyone know how the blinkety blink to pronounce Tlitocatl? Is it Tuh-lit-oh-cattle? Or is the L silent because that would make it a lot of fun to say!

GarField000

3 Year Member
I got a link (can't find it) from the original languate explained where the tl is a doubel l and the other letters looked normal.
So I thought it was lil-to-cal .... But then I found some more topics about it and all use t T .... I just keep it to liltocal ...

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I got a link (can't find it) from the original languate explained where the tl is a doubel l and the other letters looked normal.
So I thought it was lil-to-cal .... But then I found some more topics about it and all use t T .... I just keep it to liltocal ...

I've heard about 3 different pronunciations already....my head is spinning. If it is pronounced your way, I could definitely live with that, as that's not too hard to say. But most pronounciations I've heard sound at least the last t, even though various explanations I've read say (as you mentioned) the T's are silent. I'm so confused!!

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Oh hell no another Brachy name change! It was so easy to say Brachypelma I can't for the life of me pronounce this genus name. So the change was with albopilosum and even verdezi?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh hell no another Brachy name change! It was so easy to say Brachypelma I can't for the life of me pronounce this genus name. So the change was with albopilosum and even verdezi?
This name change makes me wonder what other names we are all pronouncing wrong. Like Poecilatheria for instance, I've heard that one pronounced at least 3 different ways.

Latest posts