• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma is upside down(please help)

Deserthawk

my tarantula was fine 3 hours ago and i came to check on it now and saw it upside down. I wanted to know if it was molting or if something else happened. The humidity inside was really high.
Im worried could someone explain what’s happening. Its leg span is around 7.5 cm and its body length is 5 cm

Attachments

• 935AE39F-7811-470A-8BF9-35981D34E3F3.jpeg
    935AE39F-7811-470A-8BF9-35981D34E3F3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • EC9A494B-1A94-4B49-B8EB-46A91CBEA4A2.jpeg
    EC9A494B-1A94-4B49-B8EB-46A91CBEA4A2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Tarantulas almost always flip onto their backs to moult and it in the classic position. Just leave it in peace and it will do the job on its own, Watch if you like but don't disturb it.
I'm guessing it's a Brachypelma so if the temperature is warm enough for you to sit in comfort it will be warm enough for your tarantula and they like it dry so forget humidity.

Deserthawk

Tarantulas almost always flip onto their backs to moult and it in the classic position. Just leave it in peace and it will do the job on its own, Watch if you like but don't disturb it.
I'm guessing it's a Brachypelma so if the temperature is warm enough for you to sit in comfort it will be warm enough for your tarantula and they like it dry so forget humidity.
Thank you for the information

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you for the information
@Enn49 is spot on You have a tarantula that is moulting. When he/she is done, dont move or touch and dont offer food for approx 7 days. Also, make sure there is a water dish he/she can drink from. Apart form that, sit back, try to relax, they know what they are doing and when they have their new colours. thay are at their most beautiful so take those 7 days just to admire. :)
Fell free to ask anything else, but this is a natural process for them.

Deserthawk

@Enn49 is spot on You have a tarantula that is moulting. When he/she is done, dont move or touch and dont offer food for approx 7 days. Also, make sure there is a water dish he/she can drink from. Apart form that, sit back, try to relax, they know what they are doing and when they have their new colours. thay are at their most beautiful so take those 7 days just to admire. :)
Fell free to ask anything else, but this is a natural process for them.
How long does it usually take to moult??

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How long does it usually take to moult??
depends on size usually, the older they are, the longer it takes. Several hours from when the exoskeleton. is first ruptured I would guess at that size, can lay on the back for best part of the day preparing. Tend to do it at night time so we often miss it.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I still lose my mind when a molt is happening. So far, they all pulled through. After they get done, the colors are especially exceptional. Have a camera ready!!

MissKitty

my tarantula was fine 3 hours ago and i came to check on it now and saw it upside down. I wanted to know if it was molting or if something else happened. The humidity inside was really high.
Im worried could someone explain what’s happening. Its leg span is around 7.5 cm and its body length is 5 cm

From my understandingunderstanding,Brachys don't require high humidity, most are desert dwellers,so keep the humidity down