• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma Hamorii Sling Arrived Yesterday (Tuesday)

SlingMom

Hello, Everyone!

My Brachypelma Hamorii sling arrived yesterday. When should I expect to feed him/her? Do they feed them before they ship them? I read to wait a day, or two. So tried to offer a super worm this morning, and shows no interest. Will leave the worm in the container for 24 hours, and then remove if not eaten. But, realistically, when should I expect my sling to want to eat? Thank you so much!

SlingMom

Some will eat as soon as they arrive others won't. You may also need to try different food items or even offer prekilled.
Thank you. Picked up some super worms, and have some fruit flies...but trying not to deal with the fruit flies. Really don't want to deal with crickets either. Will just feel a lot better when he/she eats.

RonC

3 Year Member
Any luck yet? Some are picky eaters. Look at it's abdomen and you can tell if it needs to eat. If it's plump it's fine and you shouldn't worry. My B.hamorii sling likes to eat a couple of meals in a week and then wait two months in it's burrow.

SlingMom

Any luck yet? Some are picky eaters. Look at it's abdomen and you can tell if it needs to eat. If it's plump it's fine and you shouldn't worry. My B.hamorii sling likes to eat a couple of meals in a week and then wait two months in it's burrow.
No luck yet. My son thought that the original enclosure was too big, so we moved it to a smaller enclosure. Waiting to give it a chance to get comfy, and will try again. I am a worrier by nature...so it's been very stressful to me since I have heard how "fragile" slings are. Thank you for checking back to see how it's going...it means a lot to me!

Inventory Full

Wait until premolt. My Albopilosum borrowed down for 2.5 weeks and closed up the burrow so I took that as a sign the it wasn't going to eat for a while. It finally emerged with a brand new skin about a week ago and finally took a mealworm tonight. Been anxiously checking every day and it is an immense relief when they finally take their meal. They like to stress you out but they really do eat on their own time table.

Latest posts