• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma boehmei

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
This is my jounal of my B boehmei sling progress.
I purchased it from @Phil and is with me since 08.04.2020.
Quick pic of that day.
20200410_130657.jpg

It was a little chunk as seen and has been refusing food since I got it.
I moved it to a new tub with hide and some fake plants about 2 week ago.It has settled in well.Last night I added a bit of moisture in one corner and overflowed the dish in other as all substrate was dry and is a lil sling.I do like to keep lil slings with some moisture even being arid species. It might be coincidence but today it had moulted and OMG it put some size to it.Well surprised tbh how much bigger it looks.
Few pics
20200501_144918.jpg

20200501_144842.jpg

As seen is already streching and after few days will offer it sth to eat.
Thanks for reading
Regards Konstantin

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi all
This is my jounal of my B boehmei sling progress.
I purchased it from @Phil and is with me since 08.04.2020.
Quick pic of that day.
View attachment 45491
It was a little chunk as seen and has been refusing food since I got it.
I moved it to a new tub with hide and some fake plants about 2 week ago.It has settled in well.Last night I added a bit of moisture in one corner and overflowed the dish in other as all substrate was dry and is a lil sling.I do like to keep lil slings with some moisture even being arid species. It might be coincidence but today it had moulted and OMG it put some size to it.Well surprised tbh how much bigger it looks.
Few pics
View attachment 45498
View attachment 45499
As seen is already streching and after few days will offer it sth to eat.
Thanks for reading
Regards Konstantin
great update buddy. It certainly was a chunky little thing and must have been storing it all for a growth spurt!
Can't wait to see in shiny new colours when time is right. Congrats :)

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
Today the little one was on the side of the enclosure and saw it has a water like liquid drop arround 2 mm on its mouth parts. Unfortunately when went to take pic of it it moved and spat it out sort of speak.lol
It is behaving normally and Im not worried just curious.
Does anyone know why my spider is dribbling?
Any thoughts welcome.
@Enn49 @ Phil @Arachnoclown

Regards Konstantin

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi all
Today the little one was on the side of the enclosure and saw it has a water like liquid drop arround 2 mm on its mouth parts. Unfortunately when went to take pic of it it moved and spat it out sort of speak.lol
It is behaving normally and Im not worried just curious.
Does anyone know why my spider is dribbling?
Any thoughts welcome.
@Enn49 @ Phil @Arachnoclown

Regards Konstantin
recently drinking or eating? Dont normally see things like that as they are always on the ground but if behaving normally, probably nothing to worry about. Is this the one that recently moulted too? maybe this is part of the normal recovery process too? Sorry, not every helpful there was I? ha ha

Konstantin

3 Year Member
During the day few Ts go on side but not high for a while as sence heat comming from window or radiator. Not fed last 3 days and waterdish is in opposite corner so dont think she drunk before it but not sure.
Thanks for your thoughts anyway.

Latest posts