• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Birupes simoroxigorum

Iain

So I've rescued a Birupes simoroxigorum someone mentioned their mate had one and was not looking after it and said he wanted rid of it and he asked me as I'm the only person he knows who would even think of having any T in their home, anyway she was is a disgusting state and I wont mention the state of the Vivarium I've got her home and moved into a clean Viv {have no pictures as she has burrowed almost straight away } she took a couple of large crickets before hand,obviously I'm a little under prepared for this T and I've done some research but doesn't seem to be a great deal on this T it seems its had some controversy how it got into the hobby and some knowledge I'm just wondering does anyone here have any experience with this T ie Temperamant, Husbandry any extra information would be greatly received.

Iain

Thank you, I know they're expensive the cheapest sling I've found is 90 pound not including shipping which makes me more angry how she's been treated I will just trawl the internet for as much as I can and hope she's not to far gone I've checked for mites somehow she's managed to stay free of them considering the state of the tank I'm hoping its just malnutrition if you know what I mean with a bit of of luck lots of TLC and food she will be ok