• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Big enclosure = bad?

darttak

So i got an enclosure for free, it`s like 20x20x30cm. It should be good for adult c.versicolor. But is it bad to put 7cm sling in there? like if i tong feed it it`ll find food. My friend told me they`ll stress a lot and die, but dont they live in the wild well enough ?Halp, thx

darttak

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. That friend of mine needs money so he`s selling out his spooders. b.albopilosum that molted 10 times and t.gigas that molted 9 times for like 25$. Hmmmmmmmmm, i wonder

Last edited by a moderator:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Arrange the cage so that they're is a natural place for it to spin a web. Place feeders therein.

Psst: The web is the actual enclosure size. The cage is simply to keep the cat away.

Think Castle versus fortified walls surrounding it. But yes, that's a pretty big cage!!

Last edited:

AndrewClayton

So i got an enclosure for free, it`s like 20x20x30cm. It should be good for adult c.versicolor. But is it bad to put 7cm sling in there? like if i tong feed it it`ll find food. My friend told me they`ll stress a lot and die, but dont they live in the wild well enough ?Halp, thx
I don’t see anything wrong you’re T no longer a sling at 7 cm IMO that would be a juvenile and in a couple of moults will be fine for that enclosure I have 2cm H Gigas slings in 10cm x 10cm round containers that’s 5 times there size so with that ratio you could put you’re T in an enclosure that’s 35cm x 35cm x 35cm. It’s all keepers preference most keep in smaller containers so they can fit more enclosures in the same place and it makes feeding easier but you’re T and that size enclosure is totally fine

Latest posts